Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2017 v.535 pp. 139-148
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorption; calcium; cement; electrostatic interactions; emulsions; light scattering; lubrication; models; polyacrylic acid; rheology; spectrometers; zeta potential
- ... Polymer-modified cement-based materials (PMC) have been widely applied in civil construction and municipal projects. In order to obtain deeper insight into the workability of PMC, the effect of polyacrylic acid emulsion (PAE) on fluidity of cement paste was investigated in this study. The fluidity was assessed with mini slump, and the change of Ca²⁺ concentration in pore solution was tested with i ...
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2014 v.268 pp. 61-67
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; aluminum oxide; cement; chromium; energy; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; heavy metals; leaching; nitric acid; scanning electron microscopy; solidification; sulfuric acid; toxic substances; wastes
- ... Hazardous wastes are usually used in the Portland cement production in order to save energy, costs and/or stabilize toxic substances and heavy metals inside the clinker. This work focus on the stabilization/solidification on chromium (III) wastes by C3A and C3A hydrated matrix. The immobilization rate of chromium in C3A and the leaching characteristics of the C3A hydrated matrixes containing chrom ...