Jump to Main Content
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2016 v.4 no.14 pp. 5167-5175
- cations; ceramics; crystals; energy; magnetism; mechanical properties; models; neodymium; oxygen; refining; tomography
- ... Despite typically comprising a small volume fraction, grain boundaries often limit many properties of ceramics for energy technologies. The localized charges present at grain boundaries affect local structure and composition which thus impact the ionic conductivities along with thermal, electrical, optical, magnetic, and mechanical properties. While theory regarding grain boundary effects has prog ...
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2014 v.49 no.4 pp. 1630-1638
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; ceramics; dental prosthesis; grazing; grinding; heat treatment; microstructure; patients; phase transition; roughness
- ... Zirconia-based dental prostheses undergo various grinding steps and heat treatments in preparation for dental patient use. Post-sintered grinding induces a tetragonal-to-monoclinic phase transformation that may lead to failure. These grinding conditions were simulated on fully sintered yttria-stabilized zirconia (Ivoclar IPS e.max ZirCAD, Ivoclar Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein) using two applied ...