Jump to Main Content
- Bailleul, F., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2006 v.104 no.1-2 pp. 263-269
- reproductive disorders; nitric oxide synthase; Microdesmis; medicinal plants; plant extracts; penis; antihypertensive effect; vasodilation; chemical constituents of plants; enzyme activity; roots; antioxidants
- ... Endothelial isoform of nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) mRNA expression increases in the corpora cavernosum, penile arteries and arterioles during erection. But eNOS expression and nitric oxide (NO), the product of its catalytic action, are inactivated by reactive oxygen species (ROS), especially by superoxide anion. ROS are involved in the impairment of endothelium-dependent relaxation and are respon ...
- Bailleul, F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Planta medica 2003 v.69 no.3 pp. 207-211
- Marrubium vulgare; plant extracts; chemical constituents of plants; phenylpropanoids; glycosides; cattle; endothelial cells; cell culture; cultured cells; cytotoxicity; low density lipoprotein; cytotoxins; aldehydes; biosynthesis; chemical structure; oxidation; France