Jump to Main Content
- Netto, Flávia M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2014 v.122 pp. 62-67
- Amaranthus caudatus; additives; antioxidant activity; chemical precipitation; food industry; foods; free radical scavengers; methanol; phenolic compounds; pretreatment; protein concentrates; ultrafiltration; whey
- ... Antioxidant properties of different pilot-plant process streams to obtain Amaranthus mantegazzianus protein concentrates (APC) were evaluated. Conventional process (CP) (alkaline extraction and isoelectric precipitation) and two alternative processes (APs): (1) acid pre-treatment stage combined with isoelectric precipitation and (2) acid pre-treatment stage combined with ultrafiltration were appli ...
- Netto, Flavia M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2012 v.112 no.4 pp. 288-295
- limiting amino acids; Food and Agriculture Organization; lysine; protein content; molecular weight; ultrafiltration; plant protein concentrates; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; chemical precipitation; Amaranthus caudatus; nutritive value; flour; gel chromatography; isoleucine; amino acid composition; methionine; phenylalanine; yields; alkali treatment
- ... The aim of this study was to compare protein yield, protein concentration and physicochemical characteristics of Amaranth mantegazzianus protein concentrates (APC) obtained at pilot-scale by a conventional process (CP) (alkaline extraction and isoelectric precipitation) and two alternative processes (AP): (1) acid pre-treatment process combined with isoelectric precipitation and (2) acid pre-treat ...