Jump to Main Content
- Secen, Hasan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Tetrahedron letters 2016
- chemical structure; furans; nitrogen; oxidation
- ... The oxidation reactions of various azidoalkyl furans were explored under different conditions to access structurally complex compounds from simple starting materials in an operationally simple, single step reaction. The strategically placed azide functional groups on the alkyl chain of the furan led to the discovery of a new and simple method for the synthesis of five-, six-, and seven-membered ni ...
- Secen, Hasan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Organic letters 2013 v.15 no.18 pp. 4790-4793
- azides; chemical bonding; chemical reactions; chemical structure; cleavage (chemistry); furans; triazoles
- ... Photooxygenation of azidoalkyl furans has revealed both a novel triazole formation method and a unique endoperoxide rearrangement. The key step of this method is a 3 + 2 cycloaddion of the azide to the endoperoxide intermediate. The reduction of the peroxide bond and two subsequent C–C bond cleavages provide a triazole having a newly formed carboxylic acid functionality. The reactions are clean an ...