Jump to Main Content
- Christian, Aaron K.; Marquis, Grace S.; Colecraft, Esi K.; Lartey, Anna; Sakyi-Dawson, Owuraku; Ahunu, Ben K.; Butler, Lorna M.
- The British journal of nutrition 2016 v.115 no.2 pp. 351-360
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; adults; agroecological zones; animal-based foods; attitudes and opinions; caregivers; child nutrition; children; data collection; education; food intake; households; rural communities; Ghana; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Caregivers’ nutrition knowledge and attitudes may influence the variety of foods available in the household and the quality of children’s diets. To test the link, this study collected data on caregivers’ (n 608) nutrition knowledge and feeding attitudes as well as the diets of their household and of their 2–5-year-old children in twelve rural communities nested in the three main agro-ecological zo ...
- Colecraft, Esi; Marquis, Grace S.; Aryeetey, Richmond; Sakyi-Dawson, Owuraku; Lartey, Anna; Ahunu, Benjamin; Canacoo, Emmanuel; Butler, Lorna M.; Reddy, Manju B.; Jensen, Helen H.
- Ecology of food and nutrition 2006 v.45 no.5 pp. 351-377
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; meat products; food beliefs; food intake; household income; households; nutritional intervention; nutrient deficiencies; agroecological zones; food prices; food availability; child development; fish; dairy products; preschool children; child nutrition; Ghana; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Micronutrient deficiencies limit child health and development. Although animal source foods (ASF) provide highly bioavailable micronutrients, Ghanaian preschoolers consume little. Participatory rapid appraisal methods identified constraints to the availability, accessibility, and utilization of ASF. Stakeholders working with or living in six communities in three agro-ecological zones reported cons ...