Jump to Main Content
- Kannan, Srimathi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2014 v.17 no.9 pp. 1960-1970
- African Americans; Hispanics; Whites; antioxidants; betaine; body mass index; children; choline; data analysis; data collection; dietary supplements; education; environmental exposure; ethnic differences; folic acid; food security; iron; magnesium; niacin; nutrients; nutritional intervention; pregnant women; pyridoxine; regression analysis; sociodemographic characteristics; sodium; vitamin D; vitamin E; Massachusetts
- ... To assess sociodemographic correlates of micronutrient intakes from food and dietary supplements in an urban, ethnically diverse sample of pregnant women in the USA. Cross-sectional analyses of data collected using a validated semi-quantitative FFQ. Associations between racial, ethnic and sociodemographic factors and micronutrient intakes were examined using logistic regression controlling for pre ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kannan, Srimathi, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2008 v.40 no.4 pp. 237-243
- teachers; hunger; attitudes and opinions; poverty; children; food security; obesity; food choices; child nutrition; nutrition knowledge
- ... Objective: To describe Head Start teachers' perceptions of mealtime, feeding, and overweight risk in Head Start students. Design: Qualitative focus group study. Setting: Five Head Starts in a greater metropolitan area in the Northeast. Participants: Thirty-five teachers in 5 focus groups. Intervention: Two experienced focus group facilitators elicited comments from each group. Main Outcome Measure ...