Jump to Main Content
- Taştan, Özge, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2017 v.260 pp. 75-80
- Escherichia coli; carvacrol; chitosan; coatings; cucumbers; decontamination; fresh-cut produce; light; microbiological quality; nanoemulsions; synergism
- ... In this study, the impact of the combination of pulsed light (PL) treatments with antimicrobial coatings, consisting of modified chitosan suspensions incorporating carvacrol nanoemulsions, was investigated on the decontamination of fresh-cut cucumber slices.The upper surface of the cucumber slices, with or without the coating deposition, was inoculated with Escherichia coli ATCC 26 to reach a fina ...
- Tastan, Özge, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2016 v.61 pp. 756-771
- Escherichia coli; anti-infective properties; biopolymers; carvacrol; chitosan; coatings; cooking fats and oils; dispersions; edible films; encapsulation; essential oils; food preservation; glycerol; hydrocolloids; hydrophobicity; microorganisms; nanoemulsions; polysorbates; response surface methodology; whey protein isolate
- ... The interest towards the use of films and coatings in food preservation has been reinforced in the recent years by the development of biopolymeric matrices incorporating essential oil as antimicrobial barriers in food as an alternative to synthetic additives.This work has therefore been addressed to investigate the effect of composition parameters on antimicrobial activity and properties of films ...