Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Sanly, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Water research 2012 v.46 no.15 pp. 4614-4620
- aluminum; chitosan; coagulants; coagulation; dissolved organic carbon; spectroscopy; zeta potential
- ... In this study, the formulation of a novel polyaluminum chloride-chitosan composite coagulant that improves the coagulation process for natural organic matter (NOM) removal was investigated. The performance of the composite coagulant was tested using two water sources (synthetic and natural water) to develop a better understanding on the behaviour of the composite coagulant. Fourier Transform-Infra ...
- Liu, Sanly, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2013 v.263 pp. 718-725
- carbon; chitosan; coagulants; coagulation; organic matter; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
- ... In this study, we investigated the relationship between water characteristics and removal of natural organic matter (NOM) using polyaluminium chloride (PACl) and a newly developed coagulant obtained by hybridising PACl with chitosan (PACl-chitosan) for two different types of water. Using UV–visible spectroscopy analysis, we showed that PACl-chitosan is more effective than PACl for treating water s ...