Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2018 v.201 pp. 340-346
- antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; biofilm; chitosan; cross infection; microorganisms; nanoparticles; pathogens; plankton; plate count; quorum sensing
- ... Nowadays, nosocomial skin infections are increasingly harder to manage and control. In the search for new, natural compounds capable of being alternatives to traditional antibiotics, chitosan and its nanoparticles, have garnered attention. This work sought to understand the potential of chitosan NPs in the management of infections caused by MDR skin pathogens in planktonic and sessile assays. Addi ...
- PINTADO, MARIA M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- International journal of dairy technology 2011 v.64 no.1 pp. 137-144
- Bifidobacterium; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus casei; bacteria; cellulose acetate; chitosan; polymers; probiotics; viability; xanthan gum
- ... The viability of probiotic bacteria in six food-grade polymers, at two concentrations, was evaluated in order to predict their feasibility as materials for bacterium immobilisation. Alginate and whey proteins were the most adequate polymers, except for Lactobacillus acidophilus Ki and Lactobacillus casei 01 at 2% (m/v) alginate. Xanthan gum appeared to be a potential vector for three strains. L-ca ...