Jump to Main Content
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.70 pp. 373-381
- absorption; algae; biomass; case studies; chlorophyll; data collection; dissolved inorganic nitrogen; estuaries; metabolism; models; nitrogen; nutrients; osmotic pressure; phosphates; phosphorus; salinity; China
- ... This paper presents an initial inquiry into model-based numeric nitrogen and phosphorus criteria for estuaries based on stressor-response models between nutrients and algal biomass (Chl-a concentration) and further studies the effect of salinity (S) on nutrient criteria. Field data collection and associated indoor modeling were conducted in Daliaohe Estuary. Dissolved inorganic nitrogen (DIN), tot ...
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chinese journal of oceanology and limnology 2017 v.35 no.5 pp. 1108-1116
- chlorophyll; estuaries; isotopes; mass transfer; mixing; nutrients; particulates; primary productivity; radionuclides; radium; river water; rivers; summer; surface water; winter
- ... Radium (Ra) isotopes are useful for tracing water mass transport and examining estuarine hydrological dynamics. In this study, several hydrological parameters, nutrients, chlorophyll-a (chl-a), suspended particulate matter (SPM) and Ra isotopes (²²³Ra, ²²⁴Ra and 226Ra) of surface waters of the Zhujiang (Pearl) River estuary (ZRE) were measured. This was done for both winter (December) and summer ( ...