Jump to Main Content
- Ghiasy-Oskoee, Mehdi; AghaAlikhani, Majid; Sefidkon, Fatemeh; Mokhtassi-Bidgoli, Ali; Ayyari, Mahdi
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.122 pp. 566-573
- Centaurea benedicta, etc ; aerial parts; agronomic traits; antioxidant activity; biomass production; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; chlorophyll; field experimentation; flavonoids; leaf area index; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fertilizers; phenols; photosynthesis; phytopharmaceuticals; plant density; secondary metabolites; semiarid zones; soil; straw; Iran; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Aerial parts of blessed thistle (Cnicus benedictus L.) contain high amounts of phytochemicals and would be improved through varying agronomic management practices such as N rate and plant density. The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of different N fertilizer rates and plant densities on agronomic performance, photosynthetic capacity, leaf area index, carbon to N ratio (C/N), ...
- Xu, Li; Yan, Dong; Ren, Xuyang; Wei, Yiyang; Zhou, Jing; Zhao, Haiyan; Liang, Mingxiang
- Industrial crops and products 2016 v.94 pp. 574-585
- Centaurea benedicta, etc ; Mentha piperita nothosubsp. piperita; Silybum marianum; aerial parts; antioxidant activity; cattle manure; chlorophyll; enzyme activity; fertilizer application; malondialdehyde; mineral fertilizers; physiological response; plant growth; proline; protein content; roots; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; vermicomposts; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In this study, we examined whether vermicompost enhances a plant’s tolerance to salinity. We analyzed the physiological responses of the aerial parts and roots of the herbal stress-resistant plants blessed thistle and peppermint with NaCl and cow manure vermicompost and inorganic fertilizer. Salinity greatly enhanced the accumulation of malondialdehyde (MDA) and proline in the aerial parts and roo ...