Jump to Main Content
- Takemori, Nobuaki, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant methods 2019 v.15 no.1 pp. 40
- calyx; chromatography; fruits; leaves; liquids; mass spectrometry; models; monitoring; proteins; proteome; proteomics; secondary metabolites; spectrometers; tomatoes; trichomes; vascular plants
- ... BACKGROUND: Glandular trichomes found in vascular plants are called natural cell factories because they synthesize and store secondary metabolites in glandular cells. To systematically understand the metabolic processes in glandular cells, it is indispensable to analyze cellular proteome dynamics. The conventional proteomics methods based on mass spectrometry have enabled large-scale protein analy ...
- Takemori, Nobuaki, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of Chromatography B 2014 v.967 pp. 36-40
- ambient temperature; chromatography; gels; ionization; mass spectrometry; peptides; phosphine; polyacrylamide; proteomics
- ... Enzymatic protein digestion in polyacrylamide gel has been used for sample pretreatment in mass spectrometry-based proteomics due to its effectiveness in removing contaminants that interfere with sample ionization. However, the difficulty of recovering the digested peptides from the solid gel matrix has been a drawback of this method. Here we have developed a novel in-gel digestion method to enhan ...