Jump to Main Content
- Altmann, Scott; Tournassat, Christophe; Goutelard, Florence; Parneix, Jean-Claude; Gimmi, Thomas; Maes, Norbert
- Applied geochemistry 2012 v.27 no.2 pp. 463-478
- argillite, etc ; actinides; anions; cations; cesium; clay; clay minerals; cobalt; copper; geochemistry; ionic strength; mineral content; models; porosity; prediction; radioactive waste; radionuclides; solutes; sorption; strontium; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Clay mineral-rich sedimentary formations are currently under investigation to evaluate their potential use as host formations for installation of deep underground disposal facilities for radioactive waste (e.g. Boom Clay (BE), Opalinus Clay (CH), Callovo–Oxfordian argillite (FR)). The ultimate safety of the corresponding repository concepts depends largely on the capacity of the host formation to ...
- Wang, Tsing-Hai; Chen, Chin-Lung; Ou, Lu-Yen; Wei, Yuan-Yaw; Chang, Fu-Lin; Teng, Shi-Ping
- Journal of hazardous materials 2011 v.192 no.3 pp. 1079-1087
- argillite, etc ; cation exchange capacity; cesium; clay; electrostatic interactions; ion exchange; iron oxides; models; nuclides; pH; radioactive waste; sorption; surface area; titration; Taiwan; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... A reliable performance assessment of radioactive waste repository depends on better knowledge of interactions between nuclides and geological substances. Numerical fitting of acquired experimental results by the surface complexation model enables us to interpret sorption behavior at molecular scale and thus to build a solid basis for simulation study. A lack of consensus on a standard set of asses ...