Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: jiayu?
- Mao, Jiafu, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Global change biology 2016 v.22 no.6 pp. 2165-2177
- carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; climate; climate change; evapotranspiration; latitude; models; nitrogen; regression analysis; satellites; seasonal variation; spring; temperature; terrestrial ecosystems; transpiration; water use efficiency
- ... Ecosystem water‐use efficiency (EWUE) is an indicator of carbon–water interactions and is defined as the ratio of carbon assimilation (GPP) to evapotranspiration (ET). Previous research suggests an increasing long‐term trend in annual EWUE over many regions and is largely attributed to the physiological effects of rising CO₂. The seasonal trends in EWUE, however, have not yet been analyzed. In thi ...
- Mao, Jiafu, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Global change biology 2015 v.21 no.6 pp. 2366-2378
- carbon cycle; carbon dioxide; climate; climate change; evapotranspiration; evolution; latitude; models; nitrogen; photosynthesis; plant communities; primary productivity; stomatal conductance; terrestrial ecosystems; vegetation; water use efficiency; Amazonia; Central America; North America; Siberia
- ... Defined as the ratio between gross primary productivity (GPP) and evapotranspiration (ET), ecosystem‐scale water‐use efficiency (EWUE) is an indicator of the adjustment of vegetation photosynthesis to water loss. The processes controlling EWUE are complex and reflect both a slow evolution of plants and plant communities as well as fast adjustments of ecosystem functioning to changes of limiting re ...