Jump to Main Content
- Russell S. Crosbie, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2019 v.568 pp. 816-834
- climate change; climatic factors; evapotranspiration; groundwater; groundwater extraction; groundwater recharge; rain; soil types; statistical analysis; temporal variation; water table; South Australia
- ... This paper demonstrated the benefits of statistical methods when investigating the climatic and non-climatic drivers responsible for variations in groundwater recharge with a series of up to 43 years of annual recharge for 426 bores in South-East South Australia. We identified the factors influencing groundwater recharge based on 71 climatic metrics and 17 non-climatic metrics (including groundwat ...
- Crosbie, R. S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Hydrogeology journal 2010 v.18 no.7 pp. 1625-1638
- carbon dioxide; climate change; climatic factors; groundwater; groundwater recharge; models; rain; rain intensity; soil; solar radiation; temperature; vegetation; Australia
- ... Groundwater recharge is a complex process reflecting many interactions between climate, vegetation and soils. Climate change will impact upon groundwater recharge but it is not clear which climate variables have the greatest influence over recharge. This study used a sensitivity analysis of climate variables using a modified version of WAVES, a soil-vegetation-atmosphere-transfer model (unsaturate ...