Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: karim?
- Karimi, Mehrdad, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Phytotherapy research 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 350-359
- Aloysia citrodora; clinical trials; essential oils; patients; quercetin; questionnaires; sedation; sleep; sleep disorders; society; syrups; Palau
- ... Aloysia citriodora (A. citriodora) has a long history of traditional use for sedation and treatment of insomnia in different societies. This study was carried out to assess the efficacy of A. citriodora in patients with insomnia. One hundred patients were randomly divided into two groups of A. citriodora (total essential oil 1.66 mg/10 ml and total amount of flavonoid in terms of quercetin 3.22 mg ...
- Karimi, Mehrdad, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2014 v.33 no.6 pp. 417-425
- Bifidobacterium; C-reactive protein; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus casei; T-lymphocytes; blood serum; body mass index; clinical trials; fat body; gene expression; genes; leptin; low calorie diet; messenger RNA; nutritional intervention; overweight; probiotics; synergism; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; weight loss; yogurt
- ... Objectives: The purpose of this study was to investigate whether probiotics had an effect on proinflammatory markers and cytokines in overweight and obese individuals and whether they could have synergistic effects with weight-loss diets. Methods: A total of 75 healthy overweight and obese individuals completed this randomized doubled-blind controlled clinical trial. Participants were randomly ass ...