Jump to Main Content
- Canto-Canché, Blondy B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Gene 2016 v.593 no.1 pp. 154-161
- clones; databases; genes; genomic libraries; groundwater; hydrolysis; metagenomics; microorganisms; models; open reading frames; phenotype; phylogeny; proteinases; proteins; proteolysis; screening; sequence analysis; signal peptide; zymogens
- ... Metagenomics is a culture-independent technology that allows access to novel and potentially useful genetic resources from a wide range of unknown microorganisms. In this study, a fosmid metagenomic library of tropical underground water was constructed, and clones were functionally screened for extracellular proteolytic activity. One of the positive clones, containing a 41,614-bp insert, had two g ...
- Canto-Canché, Blondy, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2007 v.278 no.4 pp. 443-453
- Musa; bananas; clones; disease resistance; genes; pathogens; phylogeny; protein-serine-threonine kinases; sequence alignment; tomatoes
- ... The tomato Pto gene encodes a serine/threonine kinase (STK) whose molecular characterization has provided valuable insights into the disease resistance mechanism of tomato and it is considered as a promising candidate for engineering broad-spectrum pathogen resistance in this crop. In this study, a pair of degenerate primers based on conserved subdomains of plant STKs similar to the tomato Pto pro ...