Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: joung?
- Ritvanen, Jouni, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Energy 2016 v.103 pp. 646-659
- atmospheric pressure; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; coal; combustion; fluidized beds; models; oxygen; power plants; steam; temperature
- ... High-temperature solid looping processes for CCS (carbon capture and storage) represent a class of promising technologies that enables CO2 capture with relatively low net efficiency penalties. The novel concept of the CLOU (Chemical Looping with Oxygen Uncoupling) process is based on a system of two interconnected fluidized bed reactors that operate at atmospheric pressure. In the fuel reactor, th ...
- Ritvanen, Jouni, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy conversion and management 2014 v.87 pp. 483-494
- boilers; carbon dioxide; coal; combustion; cupric oxide; exergy; fluidized beds; greenhouse gases; heat; hydrodynamics; inventories; oxygen; temperature
- ... Chemical looping with oxygen uncoupling (CLOU) is a promising concept for efficient combustion of solid fuels with an inherent capture of the greenhouse gas CO2. This paper presents a CLOU process scheme with stoichiometric mass, energy, and exergy balances. A CLOU reactor system using medium volatile bituminous coal as fuel and silica-supported CuO as an oxygen carrier is analyzed. The analysis i ...