Jump to Main Content
- Seddon, Annela
M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Langmuir 2014 v.30 no.20 pp. 5705-5710
- X-radiation; coatings; geometry; lipids; nanomaterials; osmotic stress; polyethylene glycol
- ... A macroscopically oriented double diamond inverse bicontinuous cubic phase (QIIᴰ) of the lipid glycerol monooleate is reversibly converted into a gyroid phase (QIIᴳ). The initial QIIᴰ phase is prepared in the form of a film coating the inside of a capillary, deposited under flow, which produces a sample uniaxially oriented with a ⟨110⟩ axis parallel to the symmetry axis of the sample. A transforma ...
- Seddon, Annela M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Langmuir 2013 v.29 no.6 pp. 1726-1731
- X-radiation; butanediol; coatings; crystallography; lipids
- ... We demonstrate a method by which we can produce an oriented film of an inverse bicontinuous cubic phase (QIIᴰ) formed by the lipid monoolein (MO). By starting with the lipid as a disordered precursor (the L₃ phase) in the presence of butanediol, we can obtain a film of the QIIᴰ phase showing a high degree of in-plane orientation by controlled dilution of the sample under shear within a linear flow ...