Jump to Main Content
- Quintanilla-Casas, Beatriz, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food research international 2016 v.89 pp. 982-988
- coffee (beverage); flavor; odor compounds; odors; oxidation; roasting; thiols
- ... Thiols are among the compounds that have the greatest impact on the flavor of coffee. Due to their extremely low odor thresholds, they have a significant sensory impact even at very low concentrations. Thiols are formed during coffee roasting and are described as the key odorants responsible for the typical “coffee” and “roasty” odor notes, greatly influencing the sensory characteristics of coffee ...
- Quintanilla-Casas, Beatriz, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2015 v.64 no.2 pp. 1085-1090
- coffee (beverage); derivatization; mass spectrometry; thiols
- ... In the present paper, we present a simple, reliable, selective and sensitive method for the identification and quantification of volatile thiols at trace levels in coffee brews. A simultaneous derivatization/extraction procedure followed by liquid chromatography–electrospray high-resolution mass spectrometry is proposed and adapted to coffee brew matrix, and the performance of the method is evalua ...