Jump to Main Content
- van Rompay, Thomas J.L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Appetite 2019 v.135 pp. 72-78
- cognition; marketing; prediction; taste; visual perception
- ... Based on the embodied cognition framework and research addressing transfer effects between visual perception and taste, the point of departure for this study is the widespread association between vertical orientation and connotations related to luxury and (economic) power. Specifically, this study tests whether vertical orientation not only affects impressions of product luxury, but also influence ...
- van Rompay, Thomas J.L., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of environmental psychology 2016 v.48 pp. 140-148
- cognition; photography; questionnaires; social welfare; visual perception
- ... Inspired by research that demonstrates the positive effects of nature-based imagery on wellbeing and cognitive performance, the current research aims to study to what extent nature imagery can also enhance creative performance. To this end, imagery presenting green settings varying in unpredictability and spaciousness was displayed before and during a creative drawing task in a high school classro ...