Jump to Main Content
- Ceccone, Giacomo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2012 v.395 pp. 145-151
- colloids; ethers; ethylene glycol; microwave treatment; nanoparticles; nanowires; polyols; reducing agents; silver; silver nitrate
- ... In this paper, we report a novel, efficient and versatile process to produce high concentrations of silver nanoprisms, while controlling their size (prism height) and size dispersity, using a “modified polyol process” (microwave-assisted process). If the formation of silver spherical particles, nanocubes or nanowires has already been reported using the classical polyol process (reduction of AgNO₃ ...
- Ceccone, Giacomo, et al. Show all 32 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 v.120 no.42 pp. 24070-24079
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; coatings; colloids; energy; gold; models; nanoparticles; physical chemistry; silicon
- ... We report the results of a Versailles Project on Advanced Materials and Standards (VAMAS) interlaboratory study on the measurement of the shell thickness and chemistry of nanoparticle coatings. Peptide-coated gold particles were supplied to laboratories in two forms: a colloidal suspension in pure water and particles dried onto a silicon wafer. Participants prepared and analyzed these samples usin ...
- PubMed Central: