Jump to Main Content
- Gambino, Michela, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.659 pp. 342-353
- Cyanobacteria; adenosine triphosphate; biofilm; biomass; color; habitats; reactive oxygen species
- ... Cyanobacteria can grow as biofilms, communities that colonize surfaces and that play a fundamental role in the ecology of many diverse habitats and in the conversion of industrial production to green platforms. Although biofilm growth is known to be significantly affected by several characteristics, the effect of colour surface is an overlooked aspect that has not yet been investigated. In this st ...
- Gambino, Michela, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2017 v.122 pp. 92-99
- Alternaria alternata; Aspergillus niger; Penicillium chrysogenum; biofilm; color; cultural heritage; fungi; metabolites; nanoparticles; plankton; polysaccharides; spores; zinc oxide; Egypt; West Bank
- ... Nanoparticles (NPs) have been proposed as an innovative strategy to prevent fungal colonization of cultural heritage, but until now their efficacy has mainly been proved against fungi in planktonic conditions. Four fungi from microbial alterations of the royal tomb of Tausert and Setnakht in the Valley of the Kings, Thebes, West Bank, Modern Luxor, Egypt, were isolated and identified as Alternaria ...