Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- RSC advances 2018 v.8 no.43 pp. 24305-24311
- Nitrosomonadaceae; Planctomyces; Pseudomonas; aerobes; ammonia; anaerobes; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; bacteria; bacterial communities; community structure; denitrification; greenhouse gas emissions; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; nitrous oxide; temperature
- ... In this study, greenhouse gas emissions and microbial community succession during the realization of the partial nitrification (PN) process were studied. The results show that N₂O emission mainly occurred in the aerobic stage and the PN reactor released about 20 mg of N₂O gas each cycle. There is a positive correlation between the dissolved N₂O concentration and the temperature of a typical cycle. ...
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.241 pp. 681-691
- Chlorobi; Planctomycetes; Proteobacteria; aeration; ammonia; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biofilters; community structure; enzymology; microbial communities; nitrogen; nitrogen content; oxygen; pH; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; wastewater
- ... A permanent microbial stratified nitrogen removal system coupling anammox with partial nitrification (SNAP) in a sequencing batch biofilter granular reactor (SBBGR) was successfully constructed for the treatment of ammonia-rich wastewater. With a nitrogen loading rate of 0.1kgNm−3·d−1, the maximal ammonia and total nitrogen removal efficiencies could reach up to 96.08% and 84.86% on day 108, respe ...