Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: frank?
- Krah, Franz-Sebastian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.436 pp. 79-87
- biogeochemical cycles; boreal forests; carbon; climate; community structure; dead wood; forest ecosystems; fungi; models; species richness; trees; wood degradation; Benin
- ... Wood-inhabiting fungi are one of the most important groups of organisms as they contribute substantially to carbon and nutrient cycles by decomposing dead wood. Current knowledge of their occurrence, distribution, and drivers of their diversity derives almost exclusively from temperate and boreal forest ecosystems. We sampled wood-inhabiting fungi across Benin, a tropical country in West Africa wi ...
- Krah, Franz-Sebastian, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Fungal ecology 2019 v.39 pp. 100-108
- Coleoptera; animals; community structure; dead wood; ecosystems; environmental factors; fungal communities; habitat preferences; habitats; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; insect communities; mutualism; mycorrhizal fungi; spores; wind; wood degradation
- ... Spore characteristics of wood-inhabiting fungi suggest that wind is their predominant dispersal vector. However, since they are restricted to ephemeral habitats, colonizing new patches should benefit from dispersal by animals with similar habitat preferences because the directed, resource-searching movement of animals increases the likelihood of reaching suitable habitats. Here we determine which ...
- Krah, Franz‐Sebastian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Thejournal of ecology 2018 v.106 no.4 pp. 1428-1442
- Fagus; biodiversity; branches; canopy; community structure; dead wood; fruiting bodies; fungal communities; fungi; habitats; hosts; landscapes; microclimate; models; trees; variance
- ... Dead wood is a habitat for numerous fungal species, many of which are important agents of decomposition. Previous studies suggested that wood‐inhabiting fungal communities are affected by climate, availability of dead wood in the surrounding landscape and characteristics of the colonized dead‐wood object (e.g. host tree species). These findings indicate that different filters structure fungal comm ...