Jump to Main Content
- Xie, Xiaolin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2016 v.54 no.5 pp. 611-620
- cationic surfactants; composite polymers; differential scanning calorimetry; electron transfer; emulsions; ethylene; gel chromatography; glass transition temperature; light scattering; molecular weight; particle size; particle size distribution; polymerization; polystyrenes
- ... Cationic emulsions of triblock copolymer particles comprising a poly(n‐butyl acrylate) (PⁿBA) central block and polystyrene (PS) outer blocks were synthesized by activator generated by electron transfer (AGET) atom transfer radical polymerization (ATRP). Difunctional ATRP initiator, ethylene bis(2‐bromoisobutyrate) (EBBiB), was used as initiator to synthesize the ABA type poly(styrene‐b‐n‐butyl ac ...
- Xie, Xiaolin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2014 v.2 no.47 pp. 20038-20047
- chemical bonding; composite polymers; copolymerization; dimethylformamide; glass transition temperature; graphene; graphene oxide; hardness; hydrophobicity; modulus of elasticity; moieties; polymethylmethacrylate; solvents; thermal properties
- ... Covalently-functionalised graphene (FG) was successfully obtained by grafting m-isopropenyl-α, α′-dimethyl benzyl isocyanate (m-TMI) to graphene oxide (GO) followed by the chemical and solvothermal reduction of GO. The FG sheets were hydrophobic and stable in polar solvents such as N,N-dimethylformamide. The reactive vinyl-benzyl groups of m-TMI attached to FG copolymerised with methyl methacrylat ...