Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Fuel processing technology 2018 v.181 pp. 75-90
- byproducts; coal; coal fly ash; compression strength; gels; pastes; porosity; wastes
- ... Coal gangue (CG) and coal fly ash (FA) are the main coal by-product wastes. This paper focuses on the pore structure evaluation of CG and FA blended cementing composites with various replacement levels from 3 days up to 180 days. Results indicate that negative effect of coal by-products on the compressive strength and average pore size can be reduced to a negligible level at late ages. Similar ave ...
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2021 v.283 pp. 124612
- X-ray diffraction; barium; cement; chlorides; compression strength; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; gels; heat; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pastes; slags; thermogravimetry
- ... In this study, barium slag (BS) was utilized as a supplementary cementitious material (SCM) to improve the chloride-binding ability of cement pastes. Hardened paste specimens with 0–30% BS content were prepared, and the chloride binding rate (CBR) was evaluated. The compressive strength was tested, and the hydration heat was assessed. The mechanism behind was investigated by XRD, TGA, NMR, EDS, an ...