Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2020 v.242 pp. 118347
- carbon; cement; compression strength; concrete; energy; heat production; industry; mercury; microstructure; porosimetry; slurries; wastes; wet milling
- ... Concrete slurry waste is a dewatered solid residue generated from the production of concrete. The high discharging cost of concrete slurry waste strikes the concrete industry so that it is imperative to find an effective method to dispose concrete slurry waste. This study is conducted to utilise wet-milling to refine concrete slurry waste to partially replace the use of cement. In this method, con ...
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Fuel processing technology 2018 v.181 pp. 75-90
- byproducts; coal; coal fly ash; compression strength; gels; pastes; porosity; wastes
- ... Coal gangue (CG) and coal fly ash (FA) are the main coal by-product wastes. This paper focuses on the pore structure evaluation of CG and FA blended cementing composites with various replacement levels from 3 days up to 180 days. Results indicate that negative effect of coal by-products on the compressive strength and average pore size can be reduced to a negligible level at late ages. Similar ave ...