Jump to Main Content
- Honkanen, Pirjo
- Food quality and preference 2010 v.21 no.1 pp. 65-74
- motivation; sociodemographic characteristics; market segmentation; food groups; health promotion; consumer surveys; consumer preferences; food choices; consumer attitudes; retail marketing; Russia
- ... The health situation of Russian consumers is alarming. Food consumption patterns are one of the main reasons for poor health among Russians. Although there have been studies about the relationship between poverty, food consumption and health, research on preferences among Russian consumers is lacking even though preferences have a strong influence on food choices and thereby (un)healthy consumptio ...
- Honkanen, Pirjo, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Appetite 2009 v.52 no.2 pp. 363-371
- questionnaires; public health; consumer surveys; food availability; food choices; lifestyle; nationalities and ethnic groups; taste; Russia
- ... Knowledge about food choice motives which have potential to influence consumer consumption decisions is important when designing food and health policies, as well as marketing strategies. Russian consumers' food choice motives were studied in a survey (1081 respondents across four cities), with the purpose of identifying consumer segments based on these motives. These segments were then profiled u ...