Jump to Main Content
- Honkanen, Pirjo, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food products marketing 2016 v.22 no.6 pp. 717-732
- attitudes and opinions; consumer surveys; exports; food consumption; marketing; sociodemographic characteristics; sushi; Japan; Norway
- ... This study focused on differences between uses and users of sushi and sashimi in Norway and Japan. The study was based on a consumer survey that was completed by a representative sample of 902 participants from Norway and 897 participants from Japan. The survey included questions about food consumption frequency, ways of sourcing sushi and sashimi and situational factors related to consumption. Pa ...
- Honkanen, Pirjo
- Food quality and preference 2010 v.21 no.1 pp. 65-74
- market segmentation; retail marketing; eating habits; consumer surveys; food choices; consumer preferences; food groups; motivation; sociodemographic characteristics; consumer attitudes; health promotion; Russia
- ... The health situation of Russian consumers is alarming. Food consumption patterns are one of the main reasons for poor health among Russians. Although there have been studies about the relationship between poverty, food consumption and health, research on preferences among Russian consumers is lacking even though preferences have a strong influence on food choices and thereby (un)healthy consumptio ...
- Honkanen, Pirjo, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Appetite 2009 v.52 no.2 pp. 363-371
- food choices; consumer surveys; food availability; eating habits; lifestyle; taste; consumers; questionnaires; nationalities and ethnic groups; public health; Russia
- ... Knowledge about food choice motives which have potential to influence consumer consumption decisions is important when designing food and health policies, as well as marketing strategies. Russian consumers' food choice motives were studied in a survey (1081 respondents across four cities), with the purpose of identifying consumer segments based on these motives. These segments were then profiled u ...