Jump to Main Content
- Duan, Han-Yi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Macromolecules 2017 v.50 no.21 pp. 8426-8437
- ammonium chloride; carbon; carbonyl sulfide; composite polymers; copolymerization; decarboxylation; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; propylene; propylene oxide; regrowth; stable isotopes; water content
- ... Small quantities of regio-defects in a regio-/stereoregular polymer weaken its tacticity and properties. This work clarified the origin of the regio-defect in the process of synthesizing poly(monothiocarbonate) through the copolymerization of propylene oxide (PO) and carbonyl sulfide (COS) catalyzed by a (salen)CrCl complex accompanied by bis(triphenylphosphoranylidene)ammonium chloride ([PPN]Cl). ...
- Duan, Han-Yi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Macromolecules 2018 v.51 no.8 pp. 3126-3134
- acidity; catalytic activity; copolymerization; epoxides; maleic anhydrides; phthalic anhydride; polyesters; propylene oxide; salts; transesterification
- ... Polyester synthesis from the alternating copolymerization of epoxides with cyclic anhydrides via a metal-free route remains a key challenge. This work reports the development of a highly active organocatalytic route for the copolymerization of a spectrum of epoxides and cyclic anhydrides. Fully alternating polyesters were synthesized by a variety of organic Lewis acid–base pairs including organobo ...