Jump to Main Content
- Zunkang Zhao; Xiaofeng Gao; Ye Ke; Minmin Chang; Lu Xie; Xiaofeng Li; Minghua Gu; Jiping Liu; Xinlian Tang
- Plant and soil 2019 v.437 no.1-2 pp. 273-289
- aluminum; benzoxazinoids; biosynthesis; chelation; corn; cultivars; exudation; hydroxamic acids; root growth; root tips; salicylic acid
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Although aluminum (Al) exclusion via root exudation of organic matters is a common resistance mechanism adopted by many plant species, whether root exudation of benzoxazinoids, such as hydroxamic acids (HAs), confers Al resistance remains unclear. METHODS: We performed physiological characterization for an Al-resistant maize cultivar TY and a sensitive maize cultivar ZD. RESUL ...
- JONES, D.L.; BLANCAFLOR, E.B.; KOCHIAN, L.V.; GILROY, S.
- Plant, cell and environment 2006 v.29 no.7 pp. 1309-1318
- Zea mays; acid soils; aluminum; callose; cell growth; cell walls; corn; cortex; crop production; exposure duration; growth retardation; polymers; reactive oxygen species; roots; stress response; toxicity
- ... Aluminium (Al) toxicity associated with acid soils represents one of the biggest limitations to crop production worldwide. Although Al specifically inhibits the elongation of root cells, the exact mechanism by which this growth reduction occurs remains controversial. The aim of this study was to investigate the spatial and temporal dynamics of Al migration into roots of maize (Zea mays L.) and the ...