Jump to Main Content
- Germon, J.C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2008 v.123 no.1-3 pp. 201-210
- Zea mays; corn; grain crops; nitrous oxide; gas emissions; greenhouse gases; ammonium nitrate; nitrogen fertilizers; organic fertilizers; pig manure; composted manure; slurries; fertilizer rates; losses from soil; soil water content; soil biological properties; seasonal variation; soil fertility; geographical variation; France
- ... N2O is a potent greenhouse gas and solutions have to be sought to reduce its emission from agriculture. This work evaluates N2O emission from maize-crop (Zea mays) fields submitted to different organic or mineral fertilizers (pig slurry, matured pig manure or ammonium nitrate) in Brittany (France). N2O emission was evaluated along a year in two experimental sites receiving 110 or 180 kg N ha-1 as ...
- Germon, J.C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2008 v.10 no.11 pp. 3082-3092
- amino acids; carbon; corn; denitrification; genetic markers; greenhouse gas emissions; nitrate reductase; nitrate reduction; nitrates; organic acids and salts; rhizosphere; root exudates; soil; sugars
- ... To determine to which extent root-derived carbon contributes to the effects of plants on nitrate reducers and denitrifiers, four solutions containing different proportions of sugar, organic acids and amino acids mimicking maize root exudates were added daily to soil microcosms at a concentration of 150 μg C g⁻¹ of soil. Water-amended soils were used as controls. After 1 month, the size and structu ...
- Germon, J.C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2002 v.68 no.12 pp. 6121-6128
- soil bacteria; nitrate reduction; species diversity; soil biology; biological activity in soil; genes; nitrate reductase; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; restriction fragment length polymorphism; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; agricultural soils; rhizosphere; Zea mays; corn; France
- ... Microorganisms that use nitrate as an alternative terminal electron acceptor play an important role in the global nitrogen cycle. The diversity of the nitrate-reducing community in soil and the influence of the maize roots on the structure of this community were studied. The narG gene encoding the membrane bound nitrate reductase was selected as a functional marker for the nitrate-reducing communi ...
- PubMed Central: