Jump to Main Content
- Vahl, C.I., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Professional animal scientists 2017 v.33 no.4 pp. 440-450
- Holstein; animal performance; byproducts; cannulas; corn; corn germ; crossbreds; diet; digestibility; digestion; distillers grains; feed prices; feeder cattle; growth performance; heifers; immunity; immunoglobulin A; nucleotides; pH; profitability
- ... To improve profitability of newly arrived stressed feeder cattle, it is essential to minimize feed costs and health issues while optimizing growth performance. Effects of nucleotides (NA; PSB Complex; DSS Global LLC, McCormick, SC) in diets containing corn germ meal (CGM) or dried corn distillers grains with solubles (DDGS) on the health and performance of receiving and growing cattle were analyze ...
- Vahl, C.I., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Professional animal scientists 2016 v.32 no.5 pp. 550-560
- animal performance; corn; diet; digestive system diseases; enzymatic hydrolysis; equipment; feedlots; manufacturing; regression analysis; starch; steaming; surveys; temperature; tempering; water content; Arizona; California; Kansas; Nebraska; New Mexico; Texas
- ... The quality of steam-flaked corn (SFC) in feedlot diets can affect animal performance and the incidence of digestive disorders. Therefore, this study was conducted to define important and relevant measures used to determine SFC quality in commercial feedyards. Commercial feedlots (n = 17) located in Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California were asked to participate in a survey ...