Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Xiao-Shuang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.8 pp. 6413-6418
- Firmicutes; anaerobic digestion; bacteria; biogas; community structure; corn straw; inoculum; methane production; microbial communities; oxygen; sludge; slurries
- ... Recently, thermophilic microaerobic pretreatment (TMP) showed to be an efficient pretreatment method for anaerobic digestion (AD). During TMP, bacteria affiliated to phylum Firmicutes played an important role. The microbial community structure of inoculum might directly affect the performance of TMP. In this study, three different mixed microfloras [biogas slurry (BS), activated sludge (AS), and e ...
- Shi, Xiao-Shuang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.143 pp. 512-518
- Actinobacteria; Crenarchaeota; Euryarchaeota; Proteobacteria; aromatic acids; bacteria; bacterial communities; benzoates; biogas; clones; corn straw; microbial activity; p-cresol; phenol; phylogeny; propionates; ribosomal RNA; slurries
- ... A 16S rRNA gene-based method was used to characterize the structure of bacterial and archaeal communities in a full-scale, anaerobic reactor treating corn straw. Degradability experiment indicated biogas slurry had high microbial activity, the TS removal rate was 53% and the specific methanogenic activity was 86mLCH4gVSS−1d−1. During anaerobic degradation of corn straw, volatile acids and aromatic ...