Jump to Main Content
- Bryan W. Clark; A. J. Bone; R. T. Di Giulio
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.24 pp. 13898-13908
- Fundulus heteroclitus; acute toxicity; agonists; antioxidants; chronic exposure; creosote; cytochrome P-450; enzyme activity; enzymes; excretion; fish; gene expression; heritability; messenger RNA; metabolism; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; rivers; wood; United States
- ... Atlantic killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus) inhabiting the Atlantic Wood Superfund site on the Elizabeth River (Portsmouth, VA, USA) are exposed to a complex mixture of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) from former creosote operations, but are resistant to the acute toxicity and cardiac teratogenesis caused by PAHs. The resistance is associated with a dramatic recalcitrance to induction of cy ...
- PubMed Central:
- PMC4074458 [Available on 12/01/15]
- Lee, K.G.; Lee, S.E.; Takeoka, G.R.; Kim, J.H.; Park, B.S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1580-1586
- Fagus; wood; creosote; volatile organic compounds; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; food additives; herbal medicines; medicinal properties
- ... Volatile constituents of beechwood creosote were determined using gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The major volatile constituents of creosote were 2-methoxyphenol (guaiacol; 25.2%) 2-methoxy-4-methylphenol (4-methylguaiacol; 21.4%), 3-methylphenol (m-cresol; 8.3%) 4-methylphenol (p-cresol; 7.9%) 2-methylphenol (o-cresol; 4.6%) and phenol (2.8%). The antiox ...