Jump to Main Content
- Bennett, S.J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2006 v.24 no.1 pp. 79-86
- Cannabis sativa; hemp; fiber crops; plant density; cultivars; crop yield; harvest date; field experimentation; fiber quality; phenology; flowering; stems; lignification; latitude; weed control; crop-weed competition; climatic factors; retting; Wales
- ... A field trial was conducted at the University of Wales Bangor Research Centre, Gwynedd using five varieties of hemp, sown at two seed rates: 150 and 300 seeds m-2 to determine the optimum time to cut hemp to maximise fibre yield and quality. Three cutting times were imposed from mid-August to mid-September, corresponding to start of flowering, mid-point of flowering and end of flowering, and follo ...
- Bennett, S.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Animal production science 2005 v.45 no.10 pp. 1245-1254
- Dorycnium; forage legumes; forage crops; perennials; plant establishment; mortality; population dynamics; summer; water stress; drought; seedling growth; vigor; weeds; crop-weed competition; sowing date; pastures; crop management; commercialization; Western Australia