Jump to Main Content
- Schaefer, Heather R.; Dennis, Sherri; Fitzpatrick, Suzanne
- Journal of food science 2020 v.85 no.2 pp. 260-267
- food supply chain, etc ; Food and Drug Administration; bioavailability; cadmium; crops; diet; dietary exposure; food availability; food contamination; foods; health effects assessments; human health; plant cultural practices; plant genetics; risk reduction; soil; soil chemistry; toxicity; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Cadmium has long been recognized as an environmental contaminant that poses risks to human health. Cadmium is of concern since nearly everyone in the general population is exposed to the metal through the food supply and the ability of the element to accumulate in the body over a lifetime. In support of the United States Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Toxic Element Working Group's efforts to ...
- PubMed Central:
- Conrad, Zach; Johnson, LuAnn K; Peters, Christian J; Jahns, Lisa
- Current developments in nutrition 2018 v.2 no.4
- food supply chain, etc ; acreage; agricultural industry; agricultural resources; crop yield; cropland; crops; eating habits; food availability; food intake; fruits; grains; healthy diet; legumes; nutritional adequacy; nuts; population size; regression analysis; simulation models; sweeteners; vegetables; United States; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Increasing Americans’ diet quality will require changes to the food supply. Due to the complex nature of the food system, this is not as straightforward as simply increasing the production of healthy foods and decreasing the production of unhealthy foods. Little is known about whether the US food system can produce enough food, given finite agricultural resources, to support shifts toward healthie ...
- PubMed Central: