Jump to Main Content
- Bulgiba, Awang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2018 v.118 no.7 pp. 1249-1262.e3
- animal-based foods; chronic diseases; cross-sectional studies; eating habits; factor analysis; fast foods; food frequency questionnaires; food intake; labor force; legumes; lifestyle; models; nationalities and ethnic groups; public schools; refined grains; risk factors; sugar sweetened beverages; teachers; variance; vegetables; Malaysia
- ... Dietary pattern analysis is a complementary method to nutrient analysis in evaluating overall diet–disease hypotheses. Although studies have been conducted to derive dietary patterns among Malaysians, their consistency across subgroups has not been examined.The study aimed to derive dietary patterns empirically and to examine the consistency and generalizability of patterns across sex, ethnicity, ...
- Bulgiba, Awang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2017 v.20 no.10 pp. 1844-1850
- blood glucose; blood sampling; cross-sectional studies; fasting; females; lipid composition; parathyroid hormone; physical activity; quality of life; questionnaires; regression analysis; risk; secondary education; sociodemographic characteristics; teachers; urban population; vitamin D deficiency; vitamin status; women; Malaysia
- ... To determine the association of vitamin D status with depression and health-related quality of life among women. This was a cross-sectional study conducted among women in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Sociodemographic characteristics, physical activity status, perceived depression and health-related quality of life were assessed via a self-administered questionnaire. Fasting blood samples were taken for ...