Jump to Main Content
- Roberts, Craig A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Weed technology 2013 v.27 no.1 pp. 34-40
- 2,4-D; Festuca arundinacea subsp. arundinacea; application timing; crude protein; developmental stages; dicamba; dormancy; field experimentation; forage yield; hay; metsulfuron; nutritive value; pastures; pesticide application; picloram; spring; summer; weeds
- ... Field trials were conducted in 2009 and 2010 to investigate the effects of metsulfuron-containing herbicides on tall fescue growth, seedhead production, yield, and forage nutritive value. Several rates of metsulfuron-containing products and picloram plus 2,4-D were applied to a weed-free tall fescue hay field in the early spring vegetative, late spring boot, and late summer dormancy stages of grow ...
- Kallenbach, Robert L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Forage and grazinglands 2009 v.7 no.1 pp. 00
- Bromus inermis; Dactylis glomerata; Festuca arundinacea; cool season grasses; crude protein; dry matter accumulation; energy costs; fertilizer rates; forage yield; hay; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutritive value
- ... Nitrogen influences the productivity and quality of hay depending on forage species. With increasing N costs, there is need to optimize production per unit of N applied. This study investigated how rates of N under 150 lb/acre affected yield and forage quality as measured by crude protein (CP) and relative feed value (RFV) on six cool-season grass forages under a single hay cut system. Forages tes ...