Jump to Main Content
- Guimarães Júnior, Roberto, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2018 v.266 pp. 174-180
- Eucalyptus grandis; Urochloa brizantha; animals; average daily gain; cell wall components; cerrado; crude protein; dry season; economic productivity; forage; grasses; in vitro digestibility; leaves; livestock production; livestock productivity; pastures; silvopastoral systems; stocking rate; trees; understory; wet season; Brazil
- ... The loss of productive capacity of pastures has a direct impact on livestock productivity and there is an inefficient use of natural resources. In this scenario, a production strategy that can reverse this degradation is the use of silvopastoral systems. This study aimed to evaluate the animal performance associated with the Piatã grass traits under open pasture and two silvopastoral arrangements ...
- Soares, Sebastião Roberto, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The international journal of life cycle assessment 2015 v.20 no.1 pp. 46-60
- carbon footprint; case studies; computer software; cottonseed; crude protein; dry matter intake; emissions factor; environmental impact; farming systems; farms; feedlots; fermentation; grazing; greenhouse gas emissions; land use change; livestock production; milk; milk production; nitrous oxide; nutrients; pastures; people; production technology; uncertainty; uncertainty analysis; Brazil
- ... PURPOSE: Livestock production is a recognized source of environmental impact, and this sector indirectly involves approximately 5 million people in Brazil. Livestock production includes nearly 1.5 million milk producers that use several different production systems. We chose the southern region of Brazil to evaluate the carbon footprint (CF) per 1 kg of energy-corrected milk (ECM) at the farm gate ...