Jump to Main Content
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2016 v.4 no.14 pp. 5167-5175
- cations; ceramics; crystals; energy; magnetism; mechanical properties; models; neodymium; oxygen; refining; tomography
- ... Despite typically comprising a small volume fraction, grain boundaries often limit many properties of ceramics for energy technologies. The localized charges present at grain boundaries affect local structure and composition which thus impact the ionic conductivities along with thermal, electrical, optical, magnetic, and mechanical properties. While theory regarding grain boundary effects has prog ...
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2013 v.135 no.32 pp. 11942-11950
- crystallization; crystals
- ... For a crystal to exhibit nonlinear optical (NLO) activity such as second-harmonic generation (SHG), it must belong to a noncentrosymmetric (NCS) space group. Moreover, for these nonlinear optical (NLO) materials to be suitable for practical uses, the synthesized crystals should be phase-matchable (PM). Previous synthetic research into SHG-active crystals has centered on (i) how to create NCS compo ...