Jump to Main Content
- Huebner, F.R.; Wall, J.S.
- Cereal chemistry 1976 v.53 no.2 pp. 258
- gliadin, etc ; Triticum; varieties; cultivars; wheat flour; wheat protein; wheat gluten; glutenins; fractionation; genetic variation; quantitative analysis; amino acid composition; dough development; breadmaking quality; protein aggregates; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Properties of glutenin and other wheat proteins that may be responsible for varietal differences in wheat flour performance were investigated. The proteins from several wheat flours differing in mixing time and dough strengths were extracted with a solution of 0.1 N acetic acid, 3 M urea and 0.01 N hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide buffer. After dialysis and lyophilization, the extract was dissol ...
- Altenbach, Susan B.; Vensel, William H.; DuPont, Frances M.
- BMC plant biology 2010 v.10 pp. 363
- gliadin, etc ; Triticum aestivum; wheat; cultivars; wheat flour; wheat gluten; plant proteins; expressed sequence tags; genetic complementation; cysteine; gene expression regulation; spectral analysis; mass spectrometry; amino acid sequences; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Background: The gamma gliadins are a complex group of proteins that together with other gluten proteins determine the functional properties of wheat flour. The proteins have unusually high levels of glutamine and proline and contain large regions of repetitive sequences. While most gamma gliadins are monomeric proteins containing eight conserved cysteine residues, some contain an additional cystei ...
- PubMed Central: