Jump to Main Content
- Morgounov, Alexey I., et al. Show all 21 Authors
- Sustainability 2018 v.10 no.4
- Hordeum vulgare; Secale cereale; Thinopyrum elongatum; Thinopyrum intermedium; Thinopyrum ponticum; Triticum aestivum; Triticum turgidum; barley; breeding programs; cultivars; durum wheat; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; hexaploidy; hybrids; latitude; longevity; models; parentage; parents; pedigree; perennial grasses; phenology; plant breeding; rye; summer; tetraploidy; winter; world markets
- ... A network of 21 experiments was established across nine countries on four continents and spanning both hemispheres, to evaluate the relative performance of early generation perennial cereal material derived from wheat, rye, and barley and to inform future breeding strategies. The experimental lines were grown in replicated single rows, and first year production and phenology characteristics as wel ...
- Morgounov, Alexey I., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Canadian journal of plant science 2013 v.93 no.3 pp. 425-433
- alleles; breadmaking quality; cultivars; dough; dough quality; genetic improvement; germplasm; gluten; glutenins; grain yield; loaves; mixing; nutritive value; protein content; spring wheat; zinc; Siberia
- ... Morgounov, A. I., Belan, I., Zelenskiy, Y., Roseeva, L., Tömösközi, S., Békés, F., Abugalieva, A., Cakmak, I., Vargas, M. and Crossa, J. 2013. Historical changes in grain yield and quality of spring wheat varieties cultivated in Siberia from 1900 to 2010. Can. J. Plant Sci. 93: 425–433. This study focusses on changes in yield, protein content, micronutrient composition and bread-making quality of ...