Jump to Main Content
- De Lorenzi, F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies for global change 2019 v.24 no.3 pp. 435-466
- Food and Agriculture Organization; Mediterranean climate; Olea europaea; agricultural industry; climate change; cultivars; databases; models; olives; plant available water; probability; risk assessment; Argentina; Australia; France; Greece; Italy; United States
- ... Adaptation to climate change is a major challenge facing the agricultural sector worldwide. Olive (Olea europaea L.) is a global, high value crop currently cultivated in 28 countries worldwide. Global data to assess the vulnerability of the crop to climate variability are scarce, and in some notable cases, such the United Nations Food and Agricutlure Organization database (FAO, 2006), qualitative ...
- De Lorenzi, F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Procedia Environmental Sciences 2015 v.29 pp. 264-265
- biodiversity; case studies; climate; corn; cultivars; deficit irrigation; durum wheat; fruit crops; hybrids; irrigated farming; irrigation scheduling; landscapes; olives; peaches; pears; phenology; production technology; simulation models; soil; tomatoes; water flow; wine grapes; Italy
- ... The study addresses the biophysical dimension of adaptation. It illustrates and applies a framework to evaluate options for adaptation by identifying cultivars optimally adapted to expected climate conditions, building on existing crops intra-specific biodiversity. The aim is to reduce the vulnerability of current production systems without altering the pattern of current species and cultivation s ...