Jump to Main Content
- Nejad, Abdolhossein Rezaei, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2018 v.240 pp. 440-445
- Olea europaea; cultivars; environmental impact; irrigation; leaf area; models; petioles
- ... Area (LA) estimation, based on individual leaf dimensions [length (L) and width (W)], was addressed in olive tree. Ten cultivars exposed to two watering regimes (irrigated versus rainfed) under field conditions were examined. Petiole length, leaf L, W, perimeter, base and apex angles, four shape indicators, together with LA were digitally assessed in fully-expanded leaves (480 leaves per treatment ...
- Nejad, Abdolhossein Rezaei, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Horticulture, environment and biotechnology 2017 v.58 no.1 pp. 38-47
- Rosa; cultivars; cut flowers; ethylene; flowering; silver thiosulfate; vase life; vibration; water uptake
- ... We examined whether exposure to vibration during transport affects the quality of cut roses. Using a laboratory vibration simulator, in-transit vibration of 7.5 or 10 Hz was applied to two cut rose cultivars (‘Polar Star’ and ‘Revival’) at three positions within a compartmented storage bin (top, middle, and bottom) for 10 or 15 min. Post-harvest characteristics of the cut flowers were measured in ...