Jump to Main Content
- Sedlák, Jiří, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Genome 2012 v.55 no.9 pp. 647-665
- Bayesian theory; Malus domestica; alleles; apples; breeding; cluster analysis; cultivars; genetic variation; germplasm; landraces; loci; microsatellite repeats; provenance
- ... The aim of this study was to compare traditional hierarchical clustering techniques and principal coordinate analysis (PCoA) with the model-based Bayesian cluster analyses in relation to subpopulation differentiation based on breeding history and geographical origin of apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.) cultivars and landraces. We presented the use of a set of 10 microsatellite (SSR) loci for geneti ...
- Sedlak, Jiri, et al. Show all 27 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 130
- apples; breeding; ciders; cultivars; desserts; gene flow; genetic drift; genetic techniques and protocols; genetic variation; genome-wide association study; genotype; germplasm; horticulture; microsatellite repeats; parentage; parents; pedigree; population structure; Europe
- ... BACKGROUND: The amount and structure of genetic diversity in dessert apple germplasm conserved at a European level is mostly unknown, since all diversity studies conducted in Europe until now have been performed on regional or national collections. Here, we applied a common set of 16 SSR markers to genotype more than 2,400 accessions across 14 collections representing three broad European geograph ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sedlak, Jiri, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2008 v.94 no.3 pp. 347-352
- Malus domestica; apples; heat treatment; disease-free plants; temperature; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; Apple chlorotic leaf spot virus; Apple stem pitting virus; Apple stem grooving virus; culture media; benzyladenine; cultivars
- ... Apple cultivars 'Idared' and 'Sampion' were selected for application of in vitro thermotherapy at 39 ± 0.5°C. The presence of viruses in selected initial trees was detected by enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay (ELISA) and reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) before the beginning of thermotherapy. Cultivars 'Idared' and 'Sampion' were both infected with Apple chlorotic leaf spo ...