Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2010 v.46 no.5 pp. 403-410
- 2,4-D; Fusarium oxysporum; Musa paradisiaca; abscisic acid; bananas; callus; cell suspension culture; cultivars; desserts; plantlets; protoplasts; somatic embryogenesis; China
- ... The ‘Da Jiao' cultivar of banana (Musa paradisiacal ABB Linn.) is an ideal germplasm to produce new banana varieties resistant to Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense (FOC) race 4, for this cultivar is not only a popular dessert banana in south China, but also bears high resistance to FOC race 4. In this study, we established a homogeneous embryogenic cell suspension (ECS) of ‘Da Jiao' and obtained r ...
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2009 v.27 no.3 pp. 243-249
- molecular cloning; genes; Musa; resistance mechanisms; cultivars; Fusarium oxysporum; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; salicylic acid; transgenic plants; plant pathogenic fungi; leaves
- ... The nonexpresser of pathogenesis-related gene 1 (NPR1) plays a pivotal role in systemic acquired resistance in plants. In this study, a novel full-length NPR1-like gene, designated MdNPR1 (accession number FJ357442), was isolated by RACE-PCR from cv. Dongguan Dajiao (Musa spp. ABB), a local banana cultivar known to be resistant to Fusarium oxysporum fsp. cubense (FOC) race 4. Sequence alignment sh ...
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2007 v.26 no.10 pp. 1755-1762
- Agrobacterium; Musa acuminata; bananas; cell suspension culture; coculture; cultivars; genes; hematocrit; tissues; transfer DNA; transgenic plants; South East Asia
- ... A high efficient protocol of Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Musa acuminata cv. Mas (AA), a major banana variety of the South East Asia region, was developed in this study. Male-flower-derived embryogenic cell suspensions (ECS) were co-cultivated in liquid medium with Agrobacterium strain EHA105 harboring a binary vector pCAMBIA2301 carrying nptII and gusA gene in the T-DNA. Depending upo ...