Jump to Main Content
- Al-Humam, Abdulmohsen, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biotechnology reports 2015 v.7 pp. 55-63
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; biosurfactants; carbon; culture media; glucose; magnesium sulfate; organic sulfur compounds; rhamnolipids; sulfur; surface tension
- ... A Pseudomonas aeruginosa AK6U strain produced rhamnolipid biosurfactants to variable extents when grown on MgSO4 or organosulfur compounds as sulfur sources and glucose as a carbon source. Organosulfur cultures produced much higher biosurfactants amounts compared to the MgSO4 cultures. The surface tension of the growth medium was reduced from 72mN/m to 54 and 30mN/m in cultures containing MgSO4 an ...
- PubMed Central:
- Al-Humam, Abdulmohsen A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 2013 v.84 pp. 168-178
- Bacillus (bacteria); RNA; bacteria; biosurfactants; carbon; clones; culture media; emulsifiers; glucose; infrared spectroscopy; lipopeptides; operon; petroleum; ribosomal DNA; surface tension; thin layer chromatography
- ... Petroleum-polluted environmental samples were collected to isolate and characterize biosurfactant-producing bacteria. Culturing of the collected samples in LB-broth and enrichments in chemically defined medium (CDM) with various carbon sources yielded 51 strains, some of which produced biosurfactants/bioemulsifiers when challenged with crude oil as a sole carbon source. The I-15 isolate, a Gram-po ...